There comes a time for all new and growing businesses to establish a more professional image, and having a proper office space to call home is the hallmark of professionalism. Whether you’ve been working from home, operating from a coffee shop or library, or making do with a less-than-optimal rental space, transitioning to a clean, well-located office in nassau county can make a huge difference in how your brand is perceived, and consequently to your bottom line.
Before You Sign a Lease
Moving to your own office is a big step that can be costly, in both the short and the long run. Before you settle on an office space and sign a lease agreement, consider some important factors that can save you money:
- Office Location: Any realtor will tell you that location is key, whether you’re buying a house or renting an office space. Steer clear of unsafe neighborhoods, areas with limited parking, and buildings that are hard to find. Also consider proximity to restaurants, shopping and public transportation.
- Space and Layout: Try to visualize how the space you are considering will work for your team. Do you need access to conference rooms, a space with multiple desks, or a casual open work area? What about a kitchen or break room? If the space is too small, or too large, it can disrupt your workflow.
- Cost: You probably have a ballpark figure in mind for how much you can afford to pay per month for office space. But you can’t go by the monthly lease amount alone. With a traditional lease, you will need to pay for utilities, wifi, phone service, cleaning and office furniture. You may also have to do some renovations to make the space more workable. Carefully consider overhead and the amount it will add to your monthly expenses.
- Terms of Commitment: Most traditional landlords want businesses to commit to a long-term lease, which can be mutually beneficial if the space is perfect for your needs. However, if your business grows exponentially, or if you discover you don’t need so much space after all, you could be stuck in a lease agreement on a space that doesn’t meet your needs, for years to come.
- Parking: Having a safe and convenient place to park is important for you, your team and your customers. If fact, lack of parking can discourage clients from doing business with you.
- Overall Appearance: Your office space is a reflection of your company’s brand, and speaks volumes about how you want to be perceived. A clean, well-lit and attractively decorated workspace, in a well-kept and nicely landscaped building, tells people you take pride in what you do.
Long Island Office Space for Rent
You don’t need to spend a fortune or commit to a long-term lease to enjoy attractive, functional and conveniently located office space. Bridgeworks has an office solution for you, from small private desks to executive suites. Our all-inclusive plans are designed to meet your needs, with flexible terms and affordable monthly rates. Contact us today for a tour, and see why Bridgeworks is the best solution for your company’s office needs.